Callum Hudson-Odoi hints at signing new Chelsea deal, opens up on his encounter with Samuel Eto’o

Callum Hudson-Odoi has revealed he is close to signing a new Chelsea contract, while in the same breath speaking about his love for the club.

Hudson-Odoi, who is currently sidelined with an Achilles injury, said he was ‘fulfilling a dream’ playing for Chelsea, after photos emerged this week of him as a 13-year-old ballboy at Stamford Bridge.

The youngster was embraced by Samuel Eto’o after the striker scored his hat-trick goal against Manchester United in January 2014.

Speaking of the moment, Hudson-Odoi told the official Chelsea website: ‘I remember him scoring a hat-trick and the third goal was near where I was sitting in the corner.

‘He came over to celebrate. Obviously I was happy for the team because they’d won and for him as well.

‘When he started celebrating, I was delighted and he just saw me, came over and held my hand. For a young boy seeing a professional footballer coming to do that for you, it was crazy. I was smiling so much.’

Now, over five years later, Hudson-Odoi is a star name on the pitch and living the dream, the Daily Mail report.

He said: ‘You dream of being a professional as a kid, especially at the club I’ve now been at for so long. You think, “Can I become like him or at least get to the top where he is?” and I’m now fulfilling that dream.

‘It’s the boyhood club I’ve always loved and played for, so I’ve always felt that that dream is there. Now I just want to carry on and keep going.’

The 18-year-old also reiterated he is close to full fitness, but is unlikely to make the two Premier League matches before the international break.

He said: ‘I’m back in full training with the squad so everything’s good. It’s now about getting back to match fitness and hopefully I’ll be back on the pitch soon.’

REVEALED: How Frank Lampard ripped into David Luiz before Brazilian’s shock Arsenal move on deadline day

More information has emerged over how Chelsea boss Frank Lampard ripped into David Luiz before his move to Arsenal where he criticised one of his pre-season performances.

The 32-year-old was allowed to join the Gunners on deadline day after the Brazilian centre-back was deemed surplus to requirements.

Luiz got his Arsenal career off to the perfect start last week as he started in the 2-1 win against Burnley, but his real test will be at Anfield in Saturday’s late kick-off.

And while he might have impressed against the Clarets, he failed to prove his worth to Lampard during the 5-3 win against Red Bull Salzburg last month.

According to the Independent, the ex-Derby gaffer gave Luiz a “bing* over his display, which created a tension between the two men.

They state that both Lampard and the former Paris Saint-Germain star were happy to part ways with Luiz finally joining the North Londoners – two years after a proposed move fell through, report The Sun.

Commenting on how the move materialised, Luiz told ESPN Brasil: “In talks with Frank [Lampard], he had a different plan for the year. So we spoke in total honesty and he made it clear that he had different ideas from mine.

“So I had this opportunity to receive an offer from Arsenal, which is a great club.

“I still respect Chelsea. It’s never easy for people to understand everything that goes on.

“But my decision was also to respect Chelsea and their new manager, who wanted to implement a different philosophy at the club.

“And so I decided to get on this new journey, a new home, where I’ll do everything to shine as well.”

He also claimed he joined Arsenal because he “is a guy with ambition”, and is determined to win silverware with his new club.

REVEALED: What Arsenal boss Unai Emery copied from Chelsea to help Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang score more goals

Reports in England claim Arsenal manager Unai Emery is adopting Chelsea tactics by encouraging David Luiz to play more direct balls to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

Luiz arrived in a surprise £8 million deal from Chelsea this summer and was given his first start in the 2-1 victory over Burnley last Saturday.

Aubameyang, meanwhile, has scored in both of Arsenal’s Premier League fixtures so far this season.

Dani Ceballos provided the assist for Aubameyang’s goal against Burnley but Emery is hoping Arsenal’s defence can play a key role in supplying their strike force.

According to the Daily Telegraph, Luiz has been ‘encouraged’ by Emery to play long, direct balls towards Aubameyang in the same way he used to pick out Pedro’s runs at Chelsea.

Luiz created 11 ‘big chances’ in the Premier League last season, more than any other centre-back in the Premier League and one more than his Chelsea teammate Willian, report the Metro.

The report also claims that Emery was ‘delighted’ with the chance to sign Luiz and the Arsenal manager got on well with the Brazilian during their brief time together at Paris Saint-Germain.

Luiz has briefly worked under Emery at PSG in the summer of 2016 before the Brazilian completed his return to Chelsea.

Zidane clears air over goalkeeper Keylor Navas’ Real Madrid exit reports as PSG circle

Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has emphatically ruled out an exit for goalkeeper Keylor Navas from the Spanish club.

Reports had suggested Paris Saint-Germain were already in negotiations for the goalkeeper, although Zidane’s comments have poured cold water on the news.

Chelsea’s Willy Caballero and Pepe Reina were some of the names suggested to replace him at the Bernabeu.

The Costa Rican has been behind Thibaut Courtois in the pecking order for the majority of last season while Luca Zidane, son of Zinedine, had also been selected ahead of the Costa Rican.

Zidane and Andriy Lunin have subsequently both left Los Blancos on loan deals, but Navas was said not to be keen on spending another season playing second fiddle to the Belgian, report Football Espana.

“I cannot imagine the team without Keylor Navas, I don’t contemplate his exit,” Zidane told reporters at his pre-match press conference on Friday, as cited by Marca.

“He has always been an important player for us. Keylor hasn’t told me he wants to leave. He is here and the outside is something which he cannot control.

“He is happy here and wants to show that he can play here. He is a professional and I will count on him. Until matchday two he will talk a lot, but I know that Keylor is going to bring us a lot this season.”

Jorginho names his dream five-a-side team (Check his list of players)

Chelsea midfielder Jorginho has selected his dream five-a-side team, which is made up of quality players.

He however refused to include a goalkeeper on his list of players, saying “We’d have no goalkeeper, because we just want to enjoy football so we will all play outfield!”

There is no shortage of quality within his choices, but one rather glaring omission.

Maybe it is the Brazilian flair in the blood of the Imbituba-born star that has him favouring an all-out attack approach.

Fortunately for Jorginho, his side would boast those qualities in abundance if they ever took to the field.

Asked during an Instagram Q&A hosted by Chelsea’s official account to pick his dream 5-a-side team, Jorginho said: “Okay, so my team would be as follows.

“We’d have no goalkeeper, because we just want to enjoy football so we will all play outfield!

“Then I would include myself, because it’s my team, and I’ll have Emerson and Willian in there too, my team-mates.

“I would also pick Radamel Falcao and Robinho to finish the side. Not bad, hey!”

Emerson and Willian are two Brazilians alongside Jorginho in west London, while the nomadic Robinho is now on the books at Turkish outfit Istanbul Basaksehir, Goal report.

Falcao, meanwhile, is still a prolific presence at Ligue 1 side Monaco, despite the Colombian striker seeing more questions asked of his future this summer.

Barcelona panic as “optimistic” Real Madrid close on Neymar, plan to unveil Brazilian next week

Reports in Spain claim Barcelona officials are not comfortable as Real Madrid are closing in on Neymar with the arrival of Los Blancos delegation in Paris to commence transfer talks with Paris Saint-Germain.

Madrid are said to be ‘optimistic’ they can finalise the deal and this belief is fueled by PSG’s ‘bad relations’ with Barcelona and their desire to sell the Brazilian.

Earlier on Thursday, Marca cited a report from L’Equipe that claimed Gareth Bale, James Rodriguez and Keylor Navas were three players included in a Madrid offer, alongside €100m, for Neymar which was rejected by PSG.

The Brazilian star has been heavily linked with a return to Barcelona this summer as an exit from the French capital has appeared to be looking increasingly likely.

Fresh report have claimed Madrid ‘are in a better position’ than Barca to sign the player, who is intent on leaving Paris with the French champions also keen to conclude his sale.

According to SPORT, Juni Calafat, who secured the deals for Vinicius Jr and Rodrigo Goes, is currently in Paris to close the transfer is in Paris looking to finalise a move for Neymar. The advantage for him is that Real Madrid can match what PSG are asking for: money and players.

Another factor in Madrid’s favour is the fact Barça don’t have the cash available to pay this summer, which is why they’ve explored a loan deal above all else. This is added to PSG’s reluctance to sell Neymar to Josep Maria Bartomeu and, from their perspective, Madrid is the better option.

There’s growing confidence that a transfer for Neymar can be completed soon and the Brazilian star might even be presented at the Santiago Bernabeu next week.

Another Chelsea star set to force his way out of Stamford Bridge as top European clubs circle

Reports in England and France claim Tiemoue Bakayoko is ready to force his way out of Chelsea before the European transfer deadline.

According to reports this week Blues director Marina Granovskaia blocked a loan move back to Monaco due to concerns it could damage the valuation of a player they signed for £40million in 2017.

Bakayoko spent last season on loan at AC Milan, who opted not to take up an option to buy the midfielder, but Chelsea are still hopeful of recouping the vast majority of their initial outlay.

The Evening Standard claim the Blues would prefer a permanent deal this month – the French window shuts on September 2 – with Paris Saint-Germain also monitoring the situation but they are willing to consider a loan move as a last resort.

Chelsea head coach Frank Lampard has not included the 25-year-old in any of his three match day squads to date.

Kurt Zouma reveals Chelsea players’ plan for Norwich clash

Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma has expressed his teammates’ resolve to defeat Norwich on Saturday, saying it is a must-win for the Stamford Bridge club.

The Blues are yet to win either of their opening two Premier League fixtures under Frank Lampard, losing 4-0 away to Man Utd before drawing 1-1 at home with Leicester.

Chelsea also suffered a heartbreaking penalty shootout defeat to Liverpool in the European Super Cup final.

And Zouma believes the club need to make a statement against the Canaries this weekend.

He said: “We want to win every game. But we must win. We want to win this one, of course.

“We are Chelsea. We are a big club. We wanted to win against Leicester City on Sunday.

“Unfortunately we couldn’t and Saturday has to be a win. Every game has to be a win.”

Cristiano Ronaldo makes Lionel Messi confession, says “rivalries are good”

Juventus talisman Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed his admiration for long-term rival Lionel Messi and believes the two have made each other better players.

The Ronaldo-Messi era in Spanish football ended last summer following the Portuguese’s transfer to Juventus in a €100m deal, with both still widely recognised as the two outstanding players in the sport.

The duo shared nine consecutive Ballon d’Or awards as the two dominated football for over a decade with a remarkable longevity of excellence in their performances.

“I have no doubt that he has made me a better player and I have done (the same for) him,” Ronaldo told TVI, in quotes cited by Diario Sport.

“Rivalries are good, they are healthy, whether that is in football or in any other sport and I have an excellent professional relationship with Messi.

“Have we had dinner together? No, but why not in the future? I would have no problem. He is Argentine and my wife too.”

The two’s personal rivalry was mirrored in the duopoly of Real Madrid and Barcelona not only at the top level of Spanish football but also of the European game, report Football Espana.

Ronaldo netted an extraordinary 450 goals in 438 appearances for Los Blancos – a club record – while Messi has netted 603 times in 687 appearances for the Blaugana, another record.

Chelsea ace wants to leave Stamford Bridge before European transfer window closes

Reports in England claim Chelsea ace Kenedy is reportedly is exploring options to leave the Blues permanently before the European transfer window slams shut.

Goal claims the Brazilian winger understands he is nothing more than a back-up option for Frank Lampard this season.

The left-winger was named on the bench for the Blues’ trip to Old Trafford to face Manchester United.

However, he wasn’t included in the squad for last Sunday’s game against Leicester.

Christian Pulisic, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Pedro and Willian are all ahead of Kenedy for a place out wide.

After a successful loan spell at Newcastle last season, Kenedy is prepared to leave either on loan permanently.

Last month, however, Lampard explained that Kenedy was still a part of his plans.

“In terms of Kenedy, my feeling coming into a big squad with a transfer ban was that I need to assess the players for as long as I can in pre-season,” he said as cited by the Daily Express.

“We need to make sure we pick a squad, with me having had good eyes on them in training and in games.

“If Kenedy continues to show the attitude and plays the way he played, then he’s given a great case to stay here.

“I know he has been out on loan in recent seasons, and been part of the squad.

“Nobody is in or out of the squad. There’s nobody who has had a line drawn under them or over them.

“Everyone is competing and the squad will be picked in due time.”

The former Fluminense prodigy is out of contract at the end of the campaign.

And, The Sun add, that Chelsea are apparently ready to accept £10million for his services.