Frank Lampard opens up on training programme for Werner, Ziyech as they join Chelsea on July 1

Frank Lampard will put new signings Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech through specific training plans to get them up to pace when they arrive.

The two players will officially join Chelsea on July 1 after leaving RB Leipzig and Ajax respectively.

Lampard told journalists during a press conference that: “I’m in the process of arranging that plan.

“They are also in different positions in the fact that Hakim hasn’t played for a long time because the Dutch league situation and Timo finished at the weekend.

“We will formulate a plan for them that will look slightly different individually.

“We will decide in the meantime at Cobham in the training ground whether that means mixing with the squad or whether that means some physical work in the shorter term for themselves.”

Then when asked if training immediately with the Blues squad will help Werner and Ziyech for next season, Lampard insisted that he is not looking ahead to the 2020/21 campaign just yet.

“Yes, that will be up to how we arrange the plan,” Lampard added.

“The first issue is how we finish the season, that’s absolutely what we are focused on and my main focus.

“In terms of the two players, individually, we need to make sure they arrive with good fitness and freshness levels for next season.

“It will be a longer break than the players we already have in our squad so I will take that into account.

“When I feel it is the right time to bring them in and around the squad during this season, I can do that.

“If not, the absolute priority is making sure they are ready for the next.”

Frank Lampard provides injury updates on Pulisic, Christensen as Chelsea face West Ham

Frank Lampard has provided injury news with regards to his two key players Christian Pulisic and Andreas Christensen ahead of West Ham clash.

According to the Blues boss, Chelsea will wait until tomorrow to decide whether the two players will be fit enough for the Wednesday’s London derby.

The USA international who has been in brilliant form since the restart – scoring against Aston Villa as well as Manchester City – limped off during the second half of the FA Cup quarter-final win over Leicester City at the weekend.

In his press conference ahead of tomorrow’s game, Lampard responded to journalists’ questions posed via Zoom, saying: “Christian felt a bit of tightness in his calf when he came off against Leicester.

“We’re managing him. I haven’t got an answer for him yet, it feels better than it did at the end of the game, so we’ll see by tomorrow.

“Andreas Christensen likewise is in the squad, but we will have to see with another 24 hours because of the tight turnaround.”

On his assessment of his team so far since the restart, with three matches now played, Lampard said: “I’m happy to win games and with elements of the games we’ve played, particularly the first two. We have to keep working along the same lines. We have to focus on every part of our game, particularly the defensive and work ethic aspects.

“It’s been a mixture of coming to terms with new surroundings, and the very short pre-season we had. It’s not normal. I know from being a player myself the first one or two games of pre-season you’re normally feeling your way in.

“Sharpness is not always there, and sometimes it takes players a bit of time to get up to speed for those fine margins in the game, the extra five per cent that maybe makes games more sharp in the attacking sense.

“We have to focus on what’s ahead rather than what’s gone before. We’ve had a good week but we’ve got a lot of work to do.”

Chelsea plot Manchester United starlet transfer swoop

Chelsea will exploit Manchester United’s inability to keep Angel Gomes by offering him a lucrative deal, reports say.

The Independent claim Blues boss Frank Lampard is keen on the attacking midfielder, 19.

And United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed Gomes is set to leave.

Super-agent Pini Zahavi is said to be leading the discussions to find Gomes a new club.

He has been contacted by clubs from Germany, Spain, Italy and Portugal.

Hamburg, Valencia and Benfica are understood to be prime contenders for his signature.

Chelsea’s new kit for the 2020/21 season spotted on hoardings at Stamford Bridge

Chelsea’s home kit for next season has been spotted on hoardings at Stamford Bridge, which could mean a confirmation by the club’s chiefs.

Sportsmail report that the picture, posted on Twitter by fan Charlie Hurley, shows Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Billy Gilmour and Marcos Alonso wearing a new Three-sponsored home strip, which is the same design as a kit leaked online last week.

The new image seems to confirm that the leaked kit was not a fake, and that the all-blue strip will indeed be worn by Frank Lampard’s side for the next campaign.

When it first surfaced on Saturday, there was a mixed reaction among supporters to the new-look Nike kit, with some having taken aim at the perceived lack of innovation.

The designers have introduced an understated look in two shades of blue, with the collar and lateral stripes navy, while a subtle chevron pattern covers the entire front, sleeves and back.

The leaked strip has NOT gone down well with fans.

Supporters lambasted the design as “hideous” and “lazy” after catching it online via FootyHeadlines.

Another fan commented: “These Nike kits are dead and so generic”.

Photo Credit: Twitter

Timo Werner opens up on his discussions with Lampard, Blues board, explains why he chose Chelsea

Timo Werner says Chelsea have made him feel at home even before he officially leave RB Leipzig.

RB Leipzig’s star striker is on his way to Stamford Bridge this summer after finalising terms on a £47.5million move.

He admits he chose Chelsea over Liverpool after “comfortable” talks with Frank Lampard and the board.

The Germany ace told Sky Sports: “The discussions with the board at Chelsea were so good that I ultimately chose them.

“Frank Lampard in particular stood behind me and really wanted me to know that if I went to Chelsea, I could feel just as comfortable as I do with Leipzig.

“In the conversations with me, the coach often emphasised how much he wanted me, how much he valued me as a person.

Of course it’s hard to give up an oasis of well-being like the one I’ve had in Leipzig for years, but you can only get ahead in a career if you take the next step.

“This season was the crossroads, otherwise I would always have stayed with Leipzig.”

Arsenal legend rates Frank Lampard in his first full season as Chelsea manager

Tony Adams has been full of praise for Frank Lampard’s first full Chelsea season, reckoning that the Blues boss has been “exceptional”.

Lampard’s Chelsea are occupying the fourth position on the Premier League log, and have just qualified for the semi finals of the FA Cup after beating Leicester City on Sunday.

The Blues are billed to play the Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich in the second leg of the Champions League.

In view of all these performances, Adams He told Stadium Astro: “I think he’s had an exceptional first season and he’s not even there yet. But whatever he does now it’s exceptional.

“Obviously he’s a Chelsea legend so they’re going to give the benefit of the doubt anyway but I think it goes beyond that.

“I’ve seen him working with this group of players and they’re building a fantastic squad there, he’s getting it together.

“I think he’s an exceptional talent. I saw him at the Emirates before lockdown and he made changes that match that changed the game.

“Coaches have very rarely got an opportunity to impose themselves on their team, it’s very limiting the amount of chances you get – before the game, half-time – to actually make significant points.

“But Frank’s doing it and he’s learning on the job and he’s really impressing me.”

Ex-Chelsea striker on verge of joining top club in Brazil

Reports claim former Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou is on the verge of completing a free transfer to Botafogo as is in talks with the Rio de Janeiro giants..

The striker has entered negotiations with the Brazilian side with his contract at Hertha Berlin set to expire this month.

The Brazilians have, according to Yahoo Sports, offered the 34-year-old an 18-month contract amid interest from European clubs.

Botafogo, who have ex-Milan midfielder Keisuke Honda on their books, failed to seal a deal for Yaya Toure, who Vasco da Gama presidential candidate Leven Siano has promised to sign.

However, they are hopeful of getting a move for another former Ivory Coast international over the line soon.

“He already has the pre-contract, but he asked for just one more detail in the contract that was sent to him,” Botafogo official Carlos Augusto Montenegro told SporTV.

“I think it’s okay. And if no presidential candidate for Vasco appears at his house, I think that maybe he will come.”

Kalou, who is in a relationship with a Brazilian, was suspended by Hertha in May after being seen on camera flouting social distancing guidelines.

Timo Werner reveals his plan for RB Leipzing in Champions League despite joining Chelsea on July 1

Timo Werner is still hoping to fly out to Lisbon to watch RB Leipzig in the Champions League despite becoming a Chelsea player on July 1.

Werner has been at the heart of Leipzig’s success in Europe this season, racking up four goals and two assists across their campaign, but the 24-year-old striker will play no part when the competition restarts again in August.

The forward’s contract with Chelsea officially begins on July 1 which makes him ineligible for the upcoming mini-tournament in Portugal.

He said: “Of course it hurts me that I can’t help out Leipzig to play in the Champions League.

“But I’m a Chelsea player from July 1st and I’m being paid by Chelsea from then on.

“It was clear that all parties – Chelsea, RB and my side – should and must settle this.

“Of course I tried to keep out of the Champions League issue as much as I could because it was clear that I would have to hurt one side.

“That’s why my agent finally agreed it with the clubs.

“I am forever connected to Leipzig and RB.

“I will sit in front of the TV during the quarter-finals and keep my fingers crossed.

“Maybe I can even be on site in Lisbon.”

Frank Lampard target set for Inter Milan medical tomorrow

Reports in Italy claim that one of Frank Lampard’s targets Achraf Hakimi is expected in Milan tomorrow for his medical to complete his Inter move.

Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham were reportedly keen to sign the 21-year-old before the Serie A club made their move.

The right wing-back is set to complete a €40m plus bonuses transfer from Real Madrid to Inter.

According to Sky Sport Italia, the final details were worked out in today’s conference call between the clubs and his representative.

He’ll, according to Football Italia, fly in on Tuesday, go through the various medical tests, then sign the five-year contract worth €5m per season.

Inter director Beppe Marotta confirmed as much last night, when saying he was “optimistic” the deal would be finalised today.

Hakimi spent the last two seasons on loan at Borussia Dortmund, but the Nerazzurri worked diligently behind the scenes to lay the groundwork for this swoop at least two months ago.

Photo Credit: Twitter @ Borussia Dortmund

Furious Frank Lampard blasts his stars after Chelsea victory over Leicester City

Frank Lampard laid into “lucky” Chelsea for producing one of the worst performances of his managerial reign against Leicester.

Ross Barkley was brought on for the second half and scored the game’s only goal as Chelsea progressed to the semi-finals to set up a mouth-watering clash with Manchester United.

Lampard was however furious with how his side played in the opening 45 minutes and hooked off Reece James, Mason Mount and the subdued Billy Gilmour at half-time.

The Chelsea boss told BT Sport that: “I could have made seven or eight subs at half time. We got lucky. If we turn up like that again we have no chance. It was the worst we’ve played since I’ve been here.

“The first half was not what we are used to in terms of our performance. We lacked urgency and intensity. I made three subs but it could have been more and different subs.

“I don’t think we have played that badly this season for 45 minutes. We have played better than that and lost games. I wasn’t happy with that and we were lucky not to be losing at half-time. But I made the changes I did for impact and personality and we turned it around.

“I could have made different changes but Mason Mount had played two tough games and Billy Gilmour and Reece James had not played much. They will be top players for this club no matter what and they will have top careers.

“I spoke to them at half-time and at the end. It does happen in football and I will happily speak to them about it. It was a lethargic performance from the whole team and I will say that to them no problem. They will be big players and we move on.”

Photo Credit: Twitter @ ChelseaFC