Marcelo Bielsa is suing former club Lille for £16.6million – and hit out in a French court after being interrupted for speaking over his permitted time.
On a video conference earlier on Friday, the Leeds boss was given 15 minutes in his appeal over unpaid compensation following his 2017 sacking. But Bielsa spoke for 45 minutes and became ‘angry’ when those overseeing proceedings spoke over him.
According to Get France Football News, the Argentine said: “I have suffered abuse and you will not allow me to complete my presentation.”
In December 2017, six months before his Elland Road arrival, he was fired after just 13 games for ‘serious fault’ with Lille in a relegation scrap.
Having not received the money he believed he was owed after signing a two-year deal worth £7.5m, Bielsa, 65, filed a lawsuit. And he appealed the decision after the claim was rejected in March 2018 and he was ordered to pay £263,000 in damages.
The case centres on two contracts the ex-Argentina head coach signed at the time of his appointment at the Ligue 1 club in 2017.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants his players to stay off social media to avoid abuse.
Personal and racial abuse of players has become rife on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Manchester United stars including Marcus Rashford and Axel Tuanzebe have received horrific messages recently.
United boss Solskjaer said: “We’ve already come too far anyway at this concept and the abuse has gone overboard and is unacceptable.
“We would hope we have educated our players enough to stay away from much of the criticism.
“To stop this would be easy, should be so easy that people just have to verify who they are and not all those fake name as and stuff. That’s my wish if you want to have an account it has to be verified.”
Manchester United new boy Amad Diallo has been handed a £42,000 fine in Italy over accusations he used fake documents to enter the country back in 2015.
The teenager left Serie A club Atalanta for Old Trafford during the January transfer window in a deal that could reach £37.2million, though had been subject to an investigation by the Italian football federation (FIGC).
It had been claimed that Diallo used fake papers to get into Italy and be reunited with his supposed parents, though the investigation concluded that the two people cited were not related to Diallo at all.
The FIGC confirmed, according to the Metro, that both Diallo and his brother, Hamed Junior Traore, had accepted plea bargains – though it was even claimed that the pair are not related either.
A statement from the FIGC said they had: “Committed acts aimed at obtaining false or altered certificates or documents to circumvent the rules on entry into Italy… through reunification with said Ivorian citizens, already residing in Italy, who pretended to be parents of the footballer.”
The ruling also stated that bogus documents had been used to ‘certify the relationship of kinship’ and were used when Diallo signed for both Boca Barco – his first club back in 2015 – and Atalanta.