Kylain Mbappe looking for house in Madrid as Real Madrid plot move for PSG forward

April 20th, 2021 by Olasunkanmi Ibikunle

Kylian Mbappe’s future at Paris Saint-Germain remains up in the air, with the World Cup-winning forward yet to commit to a contract extension at Parc des Princes beyond the summer of 2022.

It is no secret that the talented 22-year-old is attracting admiring glances from across Europe, with La Liga giants Real Madrid looking to make him their top target for the next transfer window.

And although Goal can confirm that Mbappe has started house hunting in Madrid, there is as of yet no suggestion that he has his made up his mind over a move to the Spanish giants as he continues to weigh up his future.

  • Comments Off on Kylain Mbappe looking for house in Madrid as Real Madrid plot move for PSG forward
  • Posted in Uncategorized

REVEALED: How furious Roman Abramovich pulled Chelsea out of European Super League

April 20th, 2021 by Olasunkanmi Ibikunle

Reports in England claim an angry Roman Abramovich decided Chelsea could not go ahead with joining the controversial European Super League after the club’s fans besieged Stamford Bridge to protest.

Six Premier League clubs namely, Chelsea , Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester City had joined other European football powerhouses to establish the infamous Super League.

But international uproar from FIFA, UEFA, La Liga, Premier League, UK government and many football stars changed the narrative.

And in the wake of the public outcry, Abramovich gave the green light for the club to start preparing documentation to pull out.

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck ultimately led the Blues’ exit from the European Super League.

But it was Abramovich’s anger that brought the whole house of cards down.

The Chelsea owner is said to have been “blindsided” by the strength of the backlash to Sunday’s announcement – and then “livid” that he had been misinformed about the likely reaction.

As the pressure grew, with fans gathering outside Stamford Bridge, Buck urged Abramovich and the club hierarchy to make moves to withdraw from the project.

And the billionaire oligarch agreed, shocked to the core by how quickly everything had fallen apart.

Abramovich and Chelsea started getting cold feet on Sunday when the stunning news about the Super League emerged and football united in its opposition to the breakaway.

According to a source, Abramovich “had no idea that there would be such a backlash”.

  • Comments Off on REVEALED: How furious Roman Abramovich pulled Chelsea out of European Super League
  • Posted in Uncategorized

(Video) Chelsea, Manchester City withdraw from European Super League as Blues fans besiege Stamford Bridge

April 20th, 2021 by Olasunkanmi Ibikunle

Multiple sources claim tonight that Chelsea and Manchester City are pulling out of the Super League, which could scupper the whole project.

BBC Sport reporter Dan Roan first broke the news for Chelsea, but it was confirmed by multiple sources, including The Times and The Telegraph.

Now The Sun is reporting that Manchester City had also decided to pull out, especially as they were the last club to sign on last night.

Chelsea are said to be preparing the official paperwork to pull out of their commitment to the Super League.

This would leave only 11 clubs: Juventus, Inter, Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool.

The news was greeted with jubilation by fans who had gathered outside Stamford Bridge to protest this evening, blocking traffic including the team bus.

https://twitter.com/TheEuropeanLad/status/1384565799877177344?s=20

Petr Cech got out to negotiate with the supporters and assured them he would take action.

There are two Italy internationals in the Chelsea squad, Jorginho and Emerson Palmieri.

  • Comments Off on (Video) Chelsea, Manchester City withdraw from European Super League as Blues fans besiege Stamford Bridge
  • Posted in Uncategorized

REVEALED: How Chelsea stars reacted to their club’s membership of European Super League

April 20th, 2021 by Olasunkanmi Ibikunle

Chelsea stars were left in a state of shock and confusion after they were told the club was part of the Dirty Dozen splitting football in two.

Blues chairman Bruce Buck called a meeting of the players in an attempt to explain why they were signing up to the European Super League.

According to The Sun, the news did not go down well with the squad. Individuals are concerned about the damage it threatens to do to the game.

Those fears only grew when it became clear Uefa were threatening to throw them out of the Champions League.

Chelsea face Real Madrid in the semi-finals, with the first leg in Spain next Tuesday.

To make matters worse, players potentially face being banned from international football in the future.

Stars were left ‘gutted’ by the announcement, which came as they were putting the finishing touches on their preparations for tonight’s clash with Brighton – before which a planned protest of Chelsea supporters is expected outside Stamford Bridge.

  • Comments Off on REVEALED: How Chelsea stars reacted to their club’s membership of European Super League
  • Posted in Uncategorized

Chelsea target Sergio Aguero tells his family and friends his next club, receives contract papers

April 20th, 2021 by Olasunkanmi Ibikunle

Reports claim Sergio Aguero has told his family and friends that he is about to sign a two-year deal for Barcelona after receiving a draft contract.

The Argentine has been locked in talks with the Catalan side after announcing he is leaving Manchester City in the summer.

Aguero, 32, is eager to team up with Argetine compatriot Lionel Messi.

Chelsea and Manchester United were linked with City’s club-record striker but it appears they may have to look elsewhere.

According to Catalan publication Beteve, Aguero’s agents have their hands on a copy of the draft contract.

They add a deal is ‘imminent’ after his agents jetted to Barcelona to hold talks with club representatives.

There have been “intense negotiations” between Barca and Aguero in recent days with the Catalan giants keen to snap up Aguero as a free agent, according to TyC Sports.

The report states there’s a two-year contract on the table for Aguero and a deal to bring in the 32-year-old could all be wrapped up pretty shortly.

Another report from La Porteria claims an agreement is “imminent” and states that Aguero has agreed to take a pay cut in order to move to the Camp Nou.

  • Comments Off on Chelsea target Sergio Aguero tells his family and friends his next club, receives contract papers
  • Posted in Uncategorized

(Video) Mourinho begs for ‘privacy’ after losing his Tottenham job, posts clip of paparazzi waiting outside his London home to take photos of him

April 20th, 2021 by Olasunkanmi Ibikunle

Jose Mourinho is disturbed he has not been allowed to enjoy his “privacy” after being axed by Tottenham on Monday morning.

He was fired on Monday after 17 months in charge of the team, just six days before he was due to lead them out for the Carabao Cup final against Manchester City.

The 58-year-old has now taken to Instagram from outside his London home to post a clip of the paparazzi waiting to take photos of him.

And the footage also showed Sky Sports reporter Gary Cotterill waiting for comment from the former Special One.

But Mourinho can be heard saying: “They don’t give me privacy. Even my friend Gary, he’s disturbing me. That’s my life.”

  • Comments Off on (Video) Mourinho begs for ‘privacy’ after losing his Tottenham job, posts clip of paparazzi waiting outside his London home to take photos of him
  • Posted in Uncategorized

JP Morgan confirm plan to finance European Super League with $6bn

April 20th, 2021 by Olasunkanmi Ibikunle

US investment bank JP Morgan has confirmed they will finance the new controversial European Super League with a $6bn cash injection.

The announcement of 12 major European clubs of their intention to join the new breakaway league has been met with a backlash from La Liga and UEFA.

However, the plans to bring forward talks with both FIFA and UEFA over the next stage of planning have received a boost following this latest announcement.

According to reports from Mundo Deportivo, the bank has agreed a joint investment collaboration with Key Capital, whose notable investors include prominent Spanish businessman Borja Prado.

Prado is a personal friend of Real Madrid – and now the European Super League president – Florentino Perez, with interests in major utility and media companies in Spain.

JP Morgan/Key Capital are rumoured to be offering each of the league’s founding members an initial assured €3.6m, however, previous estimates indicate the clubs are confident of securing a higher fee.

La Liga trio Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid are amongst the breakaway clubs alongside three from Serie A and six from the English Premier League.

  • Comments Off on JP Morgan confirm plan to finance European Super League with $6bn
  • Posted in Uncategorized

Chelsea, Manchester City may review decision as pressure mounts on clubs to pull out of European Super League

April 20th, 2021 by Olasunkanmi Ibikunle

Chelsea and Manchester City appear to hold the greatest hopes of derailing the controversial European Super League, with club bosses believed to be ‘losing their nerve’ amid mounting pressure from fans and Government.

Six teams from the Premier League, including Chelsea and Man City, signed up to the breakaway competition over the weekend as part of 12 founding teams.

According to the Mail, following a wave of criticism from supporters and senior Government figures, that two English teams were ‘wavering’ in their commitment to the breakaway.

Chelsea and Manchester City are believed to be the least committed of the six English teams and pressure is continuing to increase for them to make a statement of intent by walking away.

Complications could arise, however, after Real Madrid president, and the chairman of the European Super League, Florentino Perez insists the 12 clubs who signed up have agreed to a ‘binding’ contract that prevents them from reneging on their decision.

‘The contract of the Super League is binding. Nobody can leave, we will work all together,’ Perez told Spanish television show El Chiringuito on Monday night.

‘All the clubs signed the contracts last Saturday, there’s no problem,’ he added, when asked about potential for backtrack amid the criticism.

Manchester City fans made the feelings known on Monday night as they produced banners outside the Etihad Stadium to protest their involvement in the new competition.

‘RIP MCFC’, one read, while another called on owner Sheikh Mansour to ‘sort it out’ and pull them out of the Super League.

Musician Liam Gallagher, who is a vocal and prominent Man City fan, tweeted: ‘C’mon MCFC do the rite thing f*** it off we’re better than this as we were.’

Chelsea fans are expected to produce a similar show of unity with banners of their own outside Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night ahead of their Premier League match against Brighton.

  • Comments Off on Chelsea, Manchester City may review decision as pressure mounts on clubs to pull out of European Super League
  • Posted in Uncategorized

Tottenham contact former Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri to succeed Jose Mourinho

April 20th, 2021 by Olasunkanmi Ibikunle

Reports in Italy claim Tottenham contacted Maurizio Sarri’s representative Fali Ramadani after sacking José Mourinho.

Sarri is under contract with Juventus until June 2022, but the Old Lady can terminate his contract one year early by paying a €2.5m fee by the end of April.

Tottenham sacked José Mourinho today, announcing Ryan Mason will take over as an interim coach.

According to Football Italia, Spurs have contacted Sarri’s agent Fali Ramadani to offer the former Juventus and Chelsea coach the job from next season.

Sarri is eager to return to coaching after a sabbatical year.

Juventus sacked him after their Champions League elimination at the hands of Lyon this past August.

Sarri won the Serie A title and lost a Coppa Italia Final on penalties against Napoli.

A number of Serie A clubs are also in talks with the Tuscan coach, including Roma, which appears to be his favourite destination, should he decide to remain in Serie A.

  • Comments Off on Tottenham contact former Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri to succeed Jose Mourinho
  • Posted in Uncategorized