Azpilicueta free to start next season with Chelsea after winning red card appeal

Cesar Azpilicueta will be free to start Chelsea’s season next term after winning an appeal against his final day red card.

The Blues captain was dismissed by Stuart Attwell following a last minute clash with Jack Grealish.

Azpilicueta reacted to a foul by the England midfielder, who stayed down holding his face after being brushed by the Chelsea defender’s left arm.

But a wrongful dismissal claim was upheld by an FA disciplinary committee and the card and three-match ban was removed from his record.

Former Inter Milan star explains why Chelsea will win Champions League trophy

Chelsea have been touted as the winner of the Champions League final on Saturday at the expense of Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City.

Wesley Sneijder, a former winner of the competition and pupil of Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan, backed the dark blues to pull through against the Premier League winners.

Chelsea have defeated City twice already this season; Guardiola will be determined to stop it from happening for a third time.

Thomas Tuchel meanwhile may want to avenge last year’s finale loss whilst he was in charge of Paris Saint-Germain.

“For me Chelsea wins”, said the decorated Dutchman.

“They are a strong team with Tuchel and they have a great coach: they have already beaten Manchester City and for me they are favourites.

“I have seen Chelsea play many times and have pride and strength. I am happy that these two teams are on top of Europe right now.”

Photo Credit: Twitter

Chelsea plot swoop for Lique 1 youngster after Cesc Fabregas recommendation

Chelsea have reportedly set their sights on one of Monaco’s most prized assets in young midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni.

The Frenchman has been named the Young Player of the Year in Ligue 1 after putting himself in the shop window with a number of star performances under Niko Kovac.

Monaco snapped up Tchouameni for £15.5million in January 2020 from Bordeaux and it’s a decision they have not lived to regret.

The box-to-box midfield marvel has been amongst the best players in France this season, with Monaco set to fall just short in the Ligue 1 title race.

His displays have not gone unnoticed either, with a host of Premier League clubs said to be interested in Tchouameni.

According to The Sun, Chelsea are plotting a potential move worth up to £34m.

Former Blues midfielder Cesc Fabregas has shared the engine room with Tchouameni and his character referencing of the youngster suggests Chelsea could be onto another gem.

“He can play anywhere in midfield and he will not have a problem,” Fabregas recently told BT Sport.

“He can play as a No 6 alone, as a defensive midfielder, as a No 8, in a double 6. What he’s doing now, even in a year’s time, he could become a good No 10 if he wanted.

“He’s got the power to get into the box. He needs to improve his final pass a little bit, but he’s so young, and he’s determined to learn.

“From what I can see, and the will that he has, he has a bright future ahead of him.”

Chelsea are expected to bolster their midfielder options heading into the new campaign.

Photo Credit: atchouameni/Twitter

Willian wants to return to Chelsea

Arsenal forward Willian is understood to be keen on a return to Stamford Bridge, according to SkySport.

Willian has endured a pretty tough time at Arsenal where he didn’t contribute enough and he can probably be written off as a flop, so this would be a major shock if he somehow managed to force a return to Chelsea.

The Brazilian joined Arsenal from Chelsea as a free agent last summer; the 32-year-old is contracted at the Emirates until the summer of 2023, but is reportedly considering his options after scoring just one goal in 37 appearances for the north London club

Last summer Chelsea worked hard to extend his contract, but were unwilling to offer him a three-year deal, leading to his move to north London as a free agent.

Fans hint at Cristiano Ronaldo exit from Juventus as star posts cryptic message

Cristiano Ronaldo has posted a lengthy cryptic message which has fans believing he is quitting Juventus.

It read: “The life and career of any top player are made of ups and downs. Year after year, we face fantastic teams, with extraordinary players and ambitious goals, so we always have to give our best to keep ourselves at excellence levels.

“This year we couldn’t win Serie A, congratulations to Inter for the well deserved title. However, I have to value everything that we achieved this season at Juventus, both in collective and individual terms.

“The Italian Super Cup, the Italian Cup and the Serie A Top Scorer trophy fill me with happiness, mainly due to the difficulty they carry with them, in a country where nothing is easy to win.

“With these achievements, I reached a goal that I had set myself since the first day I arrived in Italy: to win the Championship, the Cup and the Super Cup, and also to be Best Player and Top Scorer in this great football country filled with tremendous players, giant clubs and a very own football culture.

“I’ve already said that I don’t chase records, records chase me. For those who don’t understand what I mean by this, it’s very simple: football is a collective game, but it is through individual overcoming that we help our teams achieve their goals.

“It is always looking for more and more on the field, working more and more off the field, that records eventually emerge and collective titles become inevitable, some being the natural consequence of the other.

“So, I’m very proud with this fact that has been widely replicated in recent days: Champion in England, Spain and Italy; Cup winner in England, Spain and Italy; Super Cup winner in England, Spain and Italy; Best Player in England, Spain and Italy; Best Scorer in England, Spain and Italy; Over 100 goals for a club in England, Spain and Italy.

“Nothing compares to the feeling of knowing that I’ve left my mark in the countries where I’ve played, and that I gave joy to the fans of the clubs I represented. This is what I work for, this is what moves me and this is what I’ll always keep chasing for until the last day.

“Thanks to everyone who took part in this journey! We stand together!”

With this message, some of his fans are already saying that he’s on his way out of Juventus.

Chelsea receive boost as prime target says farewell to his teammates

AC Milan goalkeeper Gialuigi Donnarumma is reportedly edging towards a summer departure from the Serie A giants after eight years at the club, with Chelsea having a long-standing interest in the goalkeeper.

According to to reports in Italy, the Donnarumma said farewell to his teammates after the 2-0 win over Atalanta.

Tuttosport reports agent Mino Raiola was not satisfied by the Rossoneri’s offer of €8m a season and wanted €10m for the Italy international, who’s contract expires on June 30.

But the newspaper also highlights that he asked for a commission believed to be between €15m and €20m to sign the deal with the Diavolo.

Milan didn’t intend signing such a deal, as it meant they would be buying back the rights of a player who grew up in the youth team and developed into a starter at San Siro.

And MilanNews claims Donnarumma was already preparing to leave the club before the season was over, as he saluted his teammates after Milan secured a place in the Champions League next season.

The goalkeeper confessed he wouldn’t renew with Milan and the club has decided to sign LOSC Lille shot stopper Mike Maignan, who has carried out his medical this morning.

That is good news to Chelsea, who are rpeortedly keen to acquire the services of the Italy international.

While Edouard Mendy has mostly impressed in his debut season at Stamford Bridge, there do still remain question marks over whether he is a long-term solution to the problem position.

In fact, boss Thomas Tuchel has taken to alternating between Mendy and Kepa Arrizabalaga, with the latter starting the FA Cup final against Leicester.

Despite having two solid options though, it would be no surprise to see the Blues attempt to bring Donnarumma to the Premier League.

Photo Credit: gigiodonna1/Twitter

Former Chelsea boss Frank Lampard, Jody Morris set to part ways

Frank Lampard and Jody Morris are reportedly set to part ways ahead of their returns to football.

Blues icon Lampard, 42, took his close friend with him to Derby in 2018 where he appointed him as his assistant manager.

And Chelsea’s all-time top scorer then brought the 42-year-old with him when he returned to Stamford Bridge a year later to take charge of his beloved side.

Both men – who played together at Chelsea during the early 2000s – are out of a job having had their contracts in West London terminated in January.

According to the Daily Mail, the pair are ready to take up separate coaching roles.

They state that Morris could be eyeing up his first managerial job having caught the interest of a number of clubs.

Former Chelsea star sued over dog

There are reports that ex-England and Chelsea star Daniel Sturridge is being sued by a man who found his stolen dog in Los Angeles two years ago.

Sturridge made a plea on social media after his beloved Pomeranian dog named Lucci, who is worth up to £4,000, was stolen after his house was burgled in July 2019, with bags also taken.

The footballer promised a reward of £26,000 ($30,000) to whoever found the pet but Foster Washington, the man claiming to have found the dog, is now filing a new lawsuit stating Sturridge still owes him the reward money, as per a report by TMZ Sports.

The report details that Washington says he found Lucci on the street after the burglary in July 2019 before reaching out to Sturridge, expecting the reward in return for finding his dog.

But according to TMZ, Washington insists Sturridge has not paid him anything at all, so he’s now suing claiming that Sturridge breached a contract by not living up to the reward offer.

Sturridge posted the scene at his burgled house on his Instagram, with detectives later arriving to gather evidence.

While they took fingerprints from a broken door, the footballer took matters into his own hands by pleading for help on social media.

The loss of the favourite pet Lucci was what he was most upset about and Sturridge insisted the ‘dognappers’ should come back “if they wanted to make money.”

Photo Credit: Twitter/DanielSturridge

Antonio Rudiger reveals when he will take decision on Chelsea future despite Thomas Tuchel’s comments

Chelsea defence strongman Antonio Rudiger has revealed that he will take a decision on his Stamford Bridge future after this weekend’s Champions League final.

Rudiger is about to enter the final year of his contract with the Blues and is yet to make a decision about whether to sign an extension.

The German defender was out of favour under Frank Lampard but has become one of Thomas Tuchel’s most reliable players over the past few months.

Rudiger played just four times in the Premier League under Lampard this season and although he rejected suggestions of a difficult relationship with the former Chelsea midfielder, he has certainly enjoyed a more prominent role under his successor.

The 28-year-old has been a key component of a defence which has kept 18 clean sheets in the 29 matches under Tuchel, who has been very complimentary of him.

Tuchel was reportedly keen on signing his compatriot when in charge of Paris Saint-Germain and the Chelsea manager is now hoping Rudiger will sign a new deal at Stamford Bridge.

“Nothing is better than what he is doing for a new contract,” Tuchel said earlier this month.

“If he wants to have a new contract he has our full support to stay at the club. He is speaking with his performances. He has been amazing since day one.”

After securing a place in next season’s Champions League by finishing fourth in the Premier League, Chelsea now play Manchester City in Saturday’s Champions League final.

Ahead of the match, Rudiger was asked about Tuchel’s comments and his future at the club.

“That’s nice and I’m happy too,” he told Kicker.

“You always make your decisions to some extent dependent on the coaching staff, but in the long term you can never rely on them anyway.

“After the European Championships, we can talk.”

Jose Mourinho set to raid Chelsea as he takes over at AS Roma

Jose Mourinho is reportedly considering a move for Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham if Edin Dzeko leaves Roma this summer.

Mourinho is set to take over from Paulo Fonseca this summer after being sacked by Tottenham in April and he has already begun identifying transfer targets.

Roma are looking to rebuild this summer after finishing seventh in Serie A and losing to Manchester United in the semi-final of the Europa League.

Mourinho signed a three-year contract with the Italian club earlier this month and looks set to use his Premier League connections to bolster his new side.

Dzeko has another year left on his contract with Roma, but there are question marks over his future at the club.

The 35-year-old contributed 13 goals and four assists in 38 appearances across all competitions for Roma in 2020/21.

He is reportedly set to hold talks with Mourinho this summer to determine his future, with Tuttosport reporting that Inter Milan could be tempted to bid for his services.

The Bosnian striker’s family are reportedly happy in Rome and would prefer to stay, but Dzeko may be tempted to move if Mourinho can’t guarantee him game time.

If that is the case then Gazzetta dello Sport, via the Express, say that Mourinho could be interested in signing Abraham from his former club Chelsea.

Mourinho spent five years at Chelsea over two spells and knows Abraham from his time coming through the Blues’ academy.

Abraham has been frozen out of the picture at Chelsea by Thomas Tuchel, who is reportedly happy to sanction his departure this summer.

The 23-year-old striker has scored 12 goals and registered two assists in 32 appearances for Chelsea this season but has found opportunities hard to come by recently.

Chelsea have reportedly put a £40million price tag on Abraham, who is under contract until 2023, with West Ham United and Aston Villa interested in signing him.