Real Madrid complete Antonio Rudiger move, date for announcement revealed

Real Madrid have completed the signing of Antonio Rudiger on a free transfer, according to Fabrizio Romano.

It is reported that he has agreed a four-year deal at the Santiago Bernabeu, with the announcement set to take place at the end of the season.

The Chelsea centre-back has been strongly linked with an exit from Stamford Bridge this season, and having failed to agree new terms with Thomas Tuchel’s side, it looks as though he has chosen the Spanish capital as his next destination.

Jose Mourinho makes Chelsea vow, defends Blues performances after traumatic months

Jose Mourinho has vowed to keep his home next door to Stamford Bridge and says his old club will return to the top.

Few managers know Chelsea better than the Special One, who has just led Roma to the Conference League Final, after his two spells in charge there.

He loved life in London so much that he has kept his family home just a stone’s throw from Chelsea’s stadium.

And when quizzed by Sky Sports about his old team’s future after several traumatic months, he insisted that they will return to the top.

Mourinho said: “It’s a difficult moment and you can even feel it at the football level because they have lost that level of excellence and stability. But this is at the moment, you know.

“If you ask me do I have someone I would like to take over my Chelsea? Then yes I have, but I close my mouth.

“I just know the club has reached such a level that it doesn’t matter who it’s with, Chelsea will always be Chelsea. Chelsea will always be.

“And my house will always be 200 metres from the stadium and I want to keep listening to the sound of happiness and success and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be like that.”

Todd Boehly set to hand Thomas Tuchel transfer warchest

Todd Boehly is reportedly set to give Thomas Tuchel a summer transfer warchest to rebuild Chelsea once his takeover goes through.

The billionaire American was in attendance at Stamford Bridge to watch the Blues’ 2-2 draw with Wolves on Saturday after being confirmed as Roman Abramovich’s successor.

The LA Dodgers baseball team owner is now set to inject “heavy investment” to bolster Chelsea’s squad, according to the Evening Standard.

It comes amid fears that last season’s Champions League winners “have been left behind after months of crippling sanctions” against them.

Jose Mourinho reacts as Arsenal plot move for Tammy Abraham

Jose Mourinho says Tammy Abraham just has to “click his fingers” and he can return to the Premier League from Roma.

The England striker, 24, has enjoyed a record breaking first season in Italy since he left boyhood club Chelsea to reunite with his ex Blues boss last summer.

Abraham, who cost £34m, scored his ninth goal in the Uefa Conference League last week to down Leicester City in the semi-final to reach the final.

That was his 25th in all competitions – making him the first Englishman to reach that figure this term.

Mourinho told Sky Sports: “Against Leicester he was absolutely amazing and at this moment I joke and say ‘I refuse to praise him’ because he can always do better.

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is believed to be one of those keen on launching a big-money move to sign him once the current campaign is over.

“He knows how happy I am. He knows how much I love the kid and the player and I’m proud of what we are doing and I’m so happy for Tammy.

“We have got into this situation where I demand a lot from him because I know he can do amazingly well.”

He continued: “I don’t think it’s an easy decision for a young player to leave his club, his house, his city, his country and to leave the Premier League which is of course a competition that when a player is in its hard to leave.

“He took that option and I think he took it because he trusted me. And I think in this moment, if he wants to go back to England – I don’t think he wants to no – but if he wants to go back to England he just needs to click his fingers and I’m so happy for him.

“He’s back in the national team and is loved in Rome.

“I don’t say proven everybody wrong, because I think everyone knows he’s a good player and I think also, with Smalling, Tomori and Tammy, showing the English boys that there is life outside the Premier League and in Italy there’s a life that makes them even better players.”

David Beckham explains Why Cristiano Ronaldo should not leave Man United at end of season

Former Manchester United midfielder David Beckham hopes that Cristiano Ronaldo stays at Old Trafford for next season.

Ronaldo, 37, has one year remaining on the contract he signed when he returned to United last summer. The Portugal captain has scored 18 Premier League goals these season, behind only Mohamed Salah (22) and Son Heung-Min (20).

Beckahm is co-owner of MLS club Inter Miami, where Ronaldo has been linked with a move in the past. However, Beckham wants the five-time Ballon d’Or winner to stay where he is for now.

“Obviously Cristiano is one of the best players over the last 15 years, with Leo [Messi],” Beckham told Sky while at the F1 Miami Grand Prix. “To see him stay on, hopefully at United, is important for the fans.

“It’s important to him – we all know how much Man United means to him. He’s still doing what he does best, scoring goals. That’s what Cristiano does.

“To be doing what he’s doing at his age is really incredible, so hopefully it continues for another year or two.”

Sadio Mane’s agent meets Bayern Munich chiefs as ‘angry’ Liverpool star plots summer move

Sadio Mane’s agent has reportedly met with Bayern Munich chiefs to discuss a summer transfer as the Liverpool ace has been left increasingly annoyed at a lack of development with his current contract.

Mane, 30, has earned a reputation as one of the best wide players on the planet since making a £34m move to Merseyside in 2016. A key component of the Reds’ successful Premier League and Champions League-winning sides, the Senegal international last penned a contract extension in 2018, which is set to expire next summer.

While Mane was keen to commit his future to the club, the wing wizard has grown increasingly frustrated at a lack of communication about a new deal with Liverpool prioritising the renewal of star man Mohammed Salah.

Now though the three-time Premier League Player of the Month looks to be open to offers elsewhere. Sky Sports in Germany, as cited by Daily Star, allege that Mane’s agent met with Bayern’s Sporting Director Hasan Salihamidzic over the weekend to listen to a proposal from the Bundesliga champions.

The report states Bayern are eager to make a “statement signing” in the transfer window with Mane being lined up as a potential target. The Bavarian giants are waiting on the future of striking sensation Robert Lewandowski with rumours of a summer switch to Barcelona.