Aurelien Tchouameni reveals how Kylian Mbappe put pressure on him to snub Real Madrid

Aurelien Tchouameni said Kylian Mbappe tried to persuade him to sign for Paris Saint-Germain but understood his decision to move to Real Madrid.

Madrid confirmed the acquisition of Tchouameni last week from AS Monaco in a deal worth an initial €80 million, with sources confirming to ESPN the European champions saw off competition from PSG and Liverpool to land the midfielder.

Mbappe himself turned down interest from Madrid earlier in the summer to renew his contract with PSG, but he could not persuade his France teammate to do the same.

“Kylian decided to stay at PSG and he knew I was leaving Monaco,” Tchouameni said at his presentation as a Madrid player on Tuesday.

“He wanted to know if I would join him at PSG. But my first choice was Real Madrid and he understood that completely.”

Tchouameni, 22, has signed a six-year contract at the Santiago Bernabeu and said that despite interest from PSG and Liverpool, he was sold on Madrid from the start.

“I had the chance to choose other teams but once I knew Real Madrid were interested, I did not have a single doubt,” he added.

“I spoke with other clubs but in my head I was always waiting for Madrid. I spoke with my agent, my family and [Monaco] to find the best agreement for everyone.

“Madrid are the biggest club in the world, they have a team with incredible players and I think it’s the best decision for me.”

Tchouameni watched excitedly as his new club, which also won LaLiga this past season, dramatically knocked out PSG, Chelsea and Manchester City on the path to a 14th European Cup.

“There were already negotiations with Madrid at that stage,” he said of watching those knockout ties.

“Then when I saw the games against PSG, Chelsea and City, I wrote to people saying: ‘Please, do what you can so that I can go to Real Madrid!'”

Tchouameni, who will inherit Gareth Bale’s No. 18 shirt, is seen by Madrid as a potential long-term replacement for Casemiro, 30, and will form part of a new midfield generation at the Bernabeu alongside Federico Valverde (23) and Eduardo Camavinga (19).

Photo Credit: realmadriden/Twitter

Marcos Alonso re-iterates his desire to leave Chelsea

Marcos Alonso has again re-iterated his desire to leave Chelsea to the club, according to Fabrizio Romano.

He wants to return home to Spain and has already agreed personal terms with Barcelona – they are waiting for Chelsea to issue their final price tag.

Alonso’s club teammate and compatriot Cesar Azpilicueta also has a chance of trading Stamford Bridge for Camp Nou this summer. Barcelona have offered him a two-year deal.

Alonso started at left-back for La Roja at La Rosaleda last night as they beat the Czech Republic 2-0 in the Nations League. It was his eighth cap for his country and he will hope to make it into Spain’s squad for the upcoming World Cup in Qatar.

Alonso, born in Madrid, began his career with Real Madrid but failed to make much of a dent in the first-team at the Santiago Bernabeu. He left for Bolton Wanderers in 2010, spending three years in England before joining Italian side Fiorentina.

The 31-year-old ended up spending three years in Serie A – one of which on loan at Sunderland – before joining Chelsea in 2016. He has been there ever since, playing 212 games for the London club and winning everything there is to win with them.

Official: Erling Haaland completes Manchester City move

Manchester City have announced that they have completed the signing of Erling Haaland.

Both Barcelona and Real Madrid wanted the 21-year-old Norwegian striker but he will be playing his football in the Premier League next season. He has signed a five-year-deal.

Haaland is considered to be one of the most exciting forwards in the European game.

Born in Leeds, he first made waves in Norway with Molde before securing a move to Red Bull Salzburg in 2019. A year after that he left Austria for Germany and Borussia Dortmund, where he went from a promising youngster to a veritable freak of nature.

He scored 86 goals in the 89 games he played for the Bundesliga outfit and also contributed 23 assists. Such form earned him the attention of the entire European elite but it is Pep Guardiola’s City who have managed to win the race for his signature.

A Norwegian international, Haaland has 20 goals in 21 appearances for his country.

Photo Credit: ManCity/Twitter

Chelsea handed Jules Kounde boost as Sevilla reveal reduced asking price for defender

There are reports that Chelsea have been handed a major boost in their pursuit of Jules Kounde after Sevilla reduced their asking price for him.

The departures of Antonio Rudiger to Real Madrid and the loss of Andreas Christensen to free agency has left Chelsea looking light-weight in defence, leading them to pursue a move for Kounde.

The Blues wanted the Sevilla defender last summer, but failed to agree a deal for him due to Sevilla’s asking price of £68million.

However, this summer things appear to be different as Sevilla’s new asking price has been set at £55million.

According to Marca, the Spaniards will not negotiate below this line and will play hardball after seeing other deals for Diego Carlos, Darwin Nunez, and Aurelien Tchouameni come out to high values.

Meanwhile, the west London club have made a £42.6million bid for Sevilla defender Jules Kounde, according to Marca via football.london.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos pay tribute to Marcelo as Brazilian bids farewell to Real Madrid

Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos have paid tributes to their former teammate Marcelo after his Real Madrid departure.

Ronaldo moved to Madrid in 2009 and spent nine seasons playing alongside the Samba star.

Sharing a photo of him hugging the South American during their Madrid heyday, Ronaldo wrote: “More than a teammate, a brother that football gave me.

“On and off the fields, one of the biggest stars with whom I had the pleasure of sharing a locker room. Go with everything on this new adventure, Marcelo!”

The Brazilian left-back joined the club from Fluminense back in 2007 and leaves as one of the greatest in his position to have ever played the game.

The 34-year-old evidently feels that he still has a lot to contribute.

“I will not retire, not now,” he said at his farewell. “I feel I can still play. Facing Real Madrid? It will not be a problem. I am a big Madridista but I am also a big professional.”

Marcelo leaves the Santiago Bernabeu as the most decorated player in the club’s history. A selection of his honours include six La Liga titles and five Champions League titles.

Marcelo, a Brazilian international with 58 caps to his name, leaves the Spanish capital having made 545 appearances for Madrid. He contributed 38 goals and 103 assists.

Sergio Ramos, Marcelo’s teammate for so many years, sent a touching message to the Brazilian in an Instagram post. “Brother, you say goodbye today, but your legacy is eternal,” the Paris Saint-Germain centre-back wrote.

“Congratulations on achieving the impossible. A big kiss.”

Toni Kroos, another of Marcelo’s longest-serving teammates, also posted a message on Instagram about the defender. “I can say that I played with the best left-back of all time.”

Photo Credit: realmadriden/Twitter