Revealed: Tuchel’s plan for Gabriel Slonina as Chelsea are set to beat Real Madrid to USA goalkeeper

Chelsea are reportedly planning to keep Gabriel Slonina “at Chicago Fire on loan”.

The American starlet has been on the west London’s club radar for a while as the 18-year-old churn out superlative performances regularly as the first-choice goalkeeper at Chicago Fire.

However should Chelsea manage to nab the teenager, he would be sent back to the MLS club to continue his development.

Romano tweeted: “Gabriel Slonina, different deal – he’d be one for the future, staying at Chicago Fire on loan.”

It is understood that Chelsea are battling Real Madrid for his signature, with Slonina’s representative stating it is his client’s “dream” to play for Los Blancos.

Lewandowski touted as ‘perfect replacement’ for Lukaku

Former Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips reckons that the Blues should go all in for Robert Lewandowski if Lukaku leaves for Inter.

Rom has been closing in on a return to the San Siro and the clubs are in direct talks for a loan deal.

Should the striker be off, Wright-Phillips told Geting Casino that Lewandowski would fill in perfectly.

However, he did warn that Tuchel’s team would need to play to his strengths, something they haven’t managed with Lukaku.

He said: “Robert Lewandowski would be the perfect replacement for Romelu Lukaku if Lukaku does leave.

“No matter what team he plays in, he always scores goals.

“Chelsea would just have to make sure they play to his strengths.”

Lukaku closes on Inter return as Chelsea as clubs’ officials thrash final details

Romelu Lukaku is reportedly closing in on a return to Inter Milan from Chelsea, writes Anthony Chapman.

Fabrizio Romano claim the Blues are receptive to Lukaku’s exit.

However, they want a £17m loan fee or a player in exchange, with the likes of Lautaro Martinez and Alessandro Bastoni admired by Thomas Tuchel.

Chelsea and Inter chiefs are now set to take the next step forward in talks by directly meeting to thrash out details.

Lukaku netted 47 league goals in just two seasons at Inter, helping them to last year’s title.

But he managed just eight Premier League strikes at Chelsea this term.

His exit means Chelsea are likely going to want a new forward this summer.

Andreas Christensen confirms when he will join Barcelona

Andreas Christensen is keen on completing his transfer from Chelsea to Barcelona in the not-too-distant future.

When asked when his switch to Barca will happen, he said: “Hopefully soon.

“I have known what I was going to do for a while. I’m just waiting for the right time. Unfortunately, it’s not entirely up to me. There are also other things that need to fall into place.

“It is one of the biggest clubs in Europe. I think it is for everyone – whether they have had their problems or not, it is still one of the biggest clubs for a player to get to.”

Sevilla fuming as Jules Kounde’s dream Chelsea move on verge of collapse

Jules Kounde’s dream move to Chelsea has been rocked by an injury storm.

The £70million-rated Sevilla defender underwent surgery on Tuesday on an old pelvic problem which flared up on international duty on Monday.

Kounde fears that although the op is minor it could still affect his chances of securing a big-money transfer to the Prem this summer.

And Sevilla are privately fuming that Kounde opted to play for France against Croatia in the Nations League, while carrying the knock and risking the deal.

Meanwhile, the defender has reportedly informed Sevilla that he would prefer to join Barcelona over Chelsea this summer.

The Catalan side are believed to be weighing up a swap proposal that would allow them to skirt around the deal’s financial demands, leaving the Blues high and dry in their pursuit of two new centre-backs before the start of next season.