Manchester United offered chance to sign former Chelsea star

Manchester United have been offered the chance to sign former Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata, according to ESPN.

The 29-year-old has a year left on his contract at Atletico Madrid and has spent the last two seasons on loan at Juventus.

The club were in talks with Bologna about a deal for former Stoke City and West Ham United striker Marko Arnautovic but reports claim that the Italian side’s demands scuppered any hope of an agreement.

After withdrawing their interest in Arnautovic, United remain in the hunt for a striker who would be happy with a place on the bench to offer a different option to Cristiano Ronaldo and Anthony Martial.

Martial is injured and Ronaldo is not yet match-fit after missing most of preseason because of a family issue, forcing Ten Hag to start with Christian Eriksen as a false No.9 for the opening-day defeat to Brighton.

Andreas Christensen, Franck Kessie could both leave Barcelona

New signings Andreas Christensen and Franck Kessie could both leave Barcelona for free if they are not registered before Saturday’s LaLiga opener against Rayo Vallecano, according to ESPN.

Christensen and Kessie both joined Barca on free transfers earlier this summer from Chelsea and AC Milan respectively. With three days to go until the new campaign starts, however, neither has been registered with the Spanish league.

The report claims that if they are not registered prior to Barca’s opening fixture against Rayo, both players could choose to execute a clause that allows them to leave for free.

Fellow summer arrivals Robert Lewandowski, Raphinha and Jules Kounde are also yet to be inscribed with LaLiga, while the contract renewals signed by Sergi Roberto and Ousmane Dembele have not been registered either.

Christensen and Kessie’s situations are slightly different, though, given they joined Barca for free. Therefore, if they so choose, they would be entitled to leave for free before the transfer window closes.

President Joan Laporta continues to transmit optimism that all seven players will be registered in time, but Barca are cutting it fine before the start of the season. In the worst case scenario, Barcelona would seek to speak with the players’ agents to avoid such an extreme outcome because they have until the end of the month to register signings.

Photo Credit: FCBarcelona/Twitter

Arsenal star slammed, he’s “a waste of money”

Ben White has been slammed as a waste of money that Arsenal will get rid of soon by Gabby Agbonlahor.

He told Football Insider: “This is what I said a few weeks ago. It’s a waste of money what Arsenal paid for him. For me, he’s not good enough.

“To pay £50million for him, Brighton must be laughing their heads off because he’s not better than Webster or Dunk and he’s not going to start for Arsenal.

“You can see it in a year’s time, Arsenal will probably be looking to get some money back for him because he’s not going to play at right-back and they’ve got two better centre-halves.”

Manchester United stars frustrated by Cristiano Ronaldo saga

Manchester United players have become frustrated by the saga around Cristiano Ronaldo’s future, according to The Sun.

Ronaldo submitted a transfer request to leave Old Trafford earlier this summer. The 37-year-old did not take part in United’s preseason tour of Thailand and Australia because of personal reasons and he started their 2-1 defeat to Brighton on the bench.

Other United players are said to be angry at Ronaldo’s behaviour and want the situation resolved as quickly as possible. There appear to be few options for the Portugal forward, with Atletico Madrid, Bayern Munich and Chelsea having distanced themselves from his signing.

Former Chelsea star Willian set for move to Premier League club

Former Arsenal winger Willian is considering an offer to join Fulham just one year after returning to his native Brazil, ESPN Brasil has confirmed.

Willian, 34, re-joined Brazilian side Corinthians last summer after eight seasons playing in the Premier League. The former Chelsea and Arsenal player has struggled to make an impact at Corinthians and could leave the Sao Paulo club in the coming days as talks with Fulham intensify.

Willian started Corinthians’ 1-0 defeat against Flamengo in the Copa Libertadores quarterfinals on Tuesday, and with the club knocked out the chances of Willian leaving have now increased.

Under contract with Corinthians until December 2023, Willian is keen to return to London for safety reasons. The player and his family have reportedly receiving persistent threats on social media from furious Corinthians fans every time the team loses.

(Watch Video) Barcelona fans blast Chelsea target De Jong as he arrives for training

Abusive fans told Frenkie de Jong to ‘cut your salary, b****’ as the Manchester United and Chelsea target turned up for Barcelona training.

According to The Sun, the Holland midfielder faced hateful shouts as he drove in – just as Thomas Tuchel’s Blues reportedly agreed a £67.6million fee for him.

United, however, are refusing to give up the hunt, despite Chelsea being in ‘advanced talks’ with Barca.

De Jong has claimed he wants to stay with the Spanish giants.

But Barcelona owe him deferred wages and want him to reduce his pay.

And even though it’s understood De Jong was prepared to consider some sort of cut, a few supporters gathered to scream at him as he steered his Porsche into training on Wednesday.

The saga makes it even more likely the 25-year-old will be off before the transfer window shuts.

And Chelsea have overtaken United as favourites to sign the box-to-box star.

Crucially, De Jong now appears ready to move on.

United agreed a package with Barca in July but at that stage he was far from willing to go.

But now he’s more open to departing, and it’s Chelsea who are on the brink of a major coup.

Personal terms seem all that’s left to sort out before a probable switch to Stamford Bridge in the next week or two.

Photo Credit: FCBarcelona/Twitter

Chelsea owner Todd Boehly makes phone call to Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong

Chelsea’s new co-owner and acting sporting director Todd Boehly has reportedly made a phone call to Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong ahead of a potential move to Stamford Bridge for the Dutchman.

The Blues have held an interest in the 24-year-old alongside Manchester United, who have been in pursuit of De Jong for several months.

Thomas Tuchel’s side have been monitoring the situation surrounding De Jong, and appear to have upped their interest by contacting the player directly, according to Spanish outlet Relevo.

However despite Boehly’s phone call, he was not given the answer he was hoping for as De Jong reiterated his desire to fulfil his Barcelona contract.

De Jong is still owed between £14-17million from the Catalan club in deferred wages and is unlikely to leave Barcelona before being paid the money he is owed in full, as Xavi’s side are in need of a big sale this summer in order to register all their new signings.

The cash-strapped club have brought in Robert Lewandowski, Raphinha, Jules Kounde, Franck Kessie and Andreas Christensen this summer but it remains to be seen whether they will be able to feature in La Liga this season and if the club can comply with the league’s financial rules.

(Watch Video) Timo Werner arrives in Germany ahead of RB Leizpig transfer

Timo Werner has landed in Leipzig ahead of his permanent return to the Bundesliga.

The German striker travelled from the UK with his agent today, according to Fabrizio Romano.

Werner is set to re-join RB Leipzig in a deal worth an initial £17million, plus add-ons.

It bring a miserable two-year spell at Stamford Bridge to an end.

He will become the second big name striker to leave Stamford Bridge this summer following Romelu Lukaku’s departure.

Manchester United offered Chelsea target Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Manchester United have reportedly responded ‘coolly’ after being offered the chance to sign Barcelona star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

The Gabon international only moved to the Nou Camp from Arsenal back in January. However, with the La Liga giants needing to raise money to help their financial situation, they’re open to cutting him loose.

Manchester United need a new forward this summer. Cristiano Ronaldo’s future remains up in the air, with the Portugal international hoping to leave for a Champions League team as he looks to finish his career at the very top.

According to The Independent, United have been offered the chance to sign Aubameyang.

They’re already in talks with the Catalan giants for Frenkie de Jong, who is the club’s top transfer target with just weeks of the window to go.

But United, according to the publication, are ‘cool when it comes to potentially landing the forward.

Aubameyang was starting to resemble a faded force towards the end of his Arsenal career back in January.

However, he did flourish during the early stages of his Barcelona career – with Xavi coaxing the best from the forward.

Aubameyang scored 11 goals in 17 league appearances for the Catalan giants, clocking up one assist along the way.

And he was on target as the club won the Joan Gamper Trophy on Sunday, with Barcelona beating Pumas UNAM 6-0 with a scintillating display.

United appear to have other priorities at the current moment in time.

And, in the past 24 hours, it’s emerged they’re eyeing a shock deal for Bologna striker Marko Arnautovic.

The striker is familiar to both Erik ten Hag and Steve McClaren, having played under the latter in the Netherlands at FC Twente.

Arnautovic returned to Europe after previously spending three years in the Chinese Super League.

And he did well back in Serie A last term, scoring 14 goals from 33 appearances to help Bologna stay in the top flight.