Official: Chelsea lose another highly-rated youngster as Leeds United announce Lewis Bate move

Leeds United have confirmed the signing of Lewis Bate from Chelsea after rejecting the Blues contract.

The midfielder is highly rated by the Blues’ academy staff and the club had hoped to agree a new long-term contract with the 18-year-old.

According to football.london, Bate was offered a lucrative deal by Chelsea but with concerns over whether there would be a route for him to make the first team, that was turned down.

That meant the England youth international had less than 12 months remaining on his contract and interest in his services had emerged from a number of Premier League sides.

Leeds came to an agreement with Chelsea on Tuesday which will see the Blues receive an initial £1.5million with further significant add-ons and a sell-on fee percentage included.

Bate has signed a three-year contract with the Whites and will join up with Mark Jackson’s Under-23s for the forthcoming season.

Blues star tells Chelsea he wants to leave as transfer talks continue

Napoli and Chelsea are still in talks for Emerson Palmieri with the Italy international who has reportedly informed the Blues he wants to leave.

Emerson will see his contract expire in June 2022, but the Premier League giants have an option to extend his stay at the club until 2023.

The Brazil-born defender with an Italian passport moved to South London from Roma in a €20m deal in 2018.

Now, the former Giallorossi coach Luciano Spalletti wants to reunite with the 26-year-old at Napoli, but according to several reports in Italy, the Blues’ asking price is still too high.

Chelsea midfielder undergoes medical ahead of permanent exit from Stamford Bridge

Lewis Bate is on the verge of joining Leeds United from Chelsea, according to The Athletic.

Bate arrived in West Yorkshire this morning to undergo a medical and, baring any late snags, will soon be unveiled as a Leeds player, bring his time at Stamford Bridge to a close.

Discussions between Chelsea and Leeds are believed to have gathered pace at a relatively quick speed and a fee between the two clubs of around £1.5million has been agreed upon, report football.london.

Although Chelsea are poised to land an initial windfall of £1.5million from Bate’s exit, the value of the deal could rise depending on how well his career takes off at Elland Road.

As well as that, The Athletic report that Chelsea have inserted a sell-on clause within the deal, meaning if Bate is to be sold by Leeds in the future then the Blues would land a percentage of that sale price. However, no buy-back clause has been included.

Bate could complete a move to Leeds United this evening.

Chelsea set to present “monster offer” for Erling Haaland as Borussia Dortmund remain resolute

There are reports that Chelsea are preparing a “monster offer” to sign Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland.

The Blues have tried in vain to persuade the Bundesliga side to accept a players-plus-cash deal for the £150m-rated hotshot.

According to the reports, Chelsea are ready deliver a £135million bid for the Norway international.

The Sun had earlier reported how that has forced the Champions League holders to revive their interest in Bayern Munich’s record-breaking Robert Lewandowski as they try to give boss Thomas Tuchel the prolific goalscorer he wants.

However, Haaland remains Chelsea’s No1 target and 90mins claims they are now readying a ‘monster offer’ for the Norwegian.

And those claims have been backed up by various other sources since.

One of those was former Premier League and Norway star Jan Aage Fjortoft, who told ESPN that a ‘fantasy bid’ of £135m is set to arrive on Dortmund’s desk.

He said: “Chelsea have him as their main target.

“They would like to test Dortmund with a fantasy offer, and a fantasy offer will be around €150m (£135m) – double what they can get for him next summer.”

But Dortmund are determined to hold onto the striker for at least another season.

They have already lost Jadon Sancho to Manchester United and they are loath to lose their talisman as well.

Chelsea make shock swoop for former Fulham star, Thomas Tuchel supports move

Chelsea are reportedly lining up a shock swoop for ex-Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli.

The keeper, 29, been a free agent after Fulham decided not to renew his contract, despite his 105 appearances for them since coming through their academy.

The Cottagers gave him a new contract in 2018, but things at the club turned sour when Bettinelli fell out with boss Scott Parker.

The Sun report he had an impressive loan stint at Middlesborough last season where he made 41 starts, but it wasn’t enough for them to take him on permanently.

After a short period on football’s scrap-heap, the ex-England Under-21 star could have a new home at Stamford Bridge.

The Blues need some cover for their No 1 stopper Edouard Mendy and his deputy Kepa Arrizabalaga ahead of the new Premier League season.

The West London side are a bit light in the keeper department following the exit of veteran Willy Caballero and Jamal Blackman, both of whose contract’s expired last month.

And Blues boss Thomas Tuchel reckons Bettinelli fits the bill, according to The Telegraph.

Callum Hudson-Odoi takes decision on Chelsea future amid swap deal plan

Callum Hudson-Odoi is reportedly set to stay at Chelsea this summer to fight for his place under Thomas Tuchel.

That is according to The Sun, who suggest that the English winger is not interested in departing Stamford Bridge this summer at least.

The winger converted into wing-back has rejected the advances of long-term admirers Bayern Munich and is keen to fight for his place at Stamford Bridge.

The England international’s stance is a major blow to Bayern, who have been long-term admirers and had hoped to construct a deal around a swap for Kingsley Coman.

Bayern would have been encouraged by Hudson-Odoi’s lack of playing time in west London towards the business end of last season.

He started the first three games under Tuchel, following the German’s appointment as manager in late January, and went on to feature 13 times in his first two months at the helm (January 27-March 21).

Chelsea set to lose another academy star after rejecting Blues contract, medical scheduled

Lewis Bate is close to joining Leeds United from Chelsea after rejecting a contract offer to remain at Stamford Bridge.

The 18-year-old is a highly-regarded member of the club’s academy but is set to move on as he seeks first-team opportunities, according to Goal.

Bate is apparently closing in on a move to Leeds United with a medical potentially scheduled for Wednesday.

He is reckoned as the most talented midfielder from his age group to emerge from the club’s academy set-up last season.

Liverpool, West Ham and Southampton are other clubs that were interested in the midfielder, but he has opted to join Marcelo Bielsa’s side as he goes in search of more regular first-team opportunities.

Liverpool set to lose wonderkid to Chelsea as Manchester United join chase

Liverpool look set to lose starlet Ethan Ennis to either Manchester United or Chelsea this summer.

The Reds were reportedly keen to keep the 16-year-old prodigy who rose through the ranks at their academy.

But the midfielder has rejected the Kop’s offer of a scholarship, the Daily Mail reports.

The Reds are now resigned to the fact they will lose the wonderkid, whose three goals for their Under-18 side in the FA Youth Cup last campaign helped them reach the final, although they lost to Aston Villa.

Marc Bridge-Wilkinson’s side don’t plan to let Ennis leave on the cheap and will demand a development fee for the youngster, the Mail claim.

And if the Reds and his new club fail to agree terms, the matter will be resolved by a tribunal who will determine Ennis’ final value.

The Reds’ bitter rivals United are said to be favourites to clinch the English dynamo’s signature at this stage.

Chelsea are still in with a shout and Ennis even spent time at their Cobham training ground last week, which he shared on Instagram.

(Watch Highlights) Victor Osimhen scores four goals for Napoli in pre-season friendly

Victor Osimhen scored four goals in Napoli’s first pre-season friendly under Luciano Spalletti, crushing local side Anaunia 12-0.

The new coach set his team out in a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Matteo Politano, Eljif Elmas and Adam Ounas fanning out behind Osimhen.

North Macedonia international Elmas got the first goal of the campaign, turning in the Ounas assist.

Nigerian striker Osimhen then ran wild with four individual goals, joining with a Kostas Manolas header and Stanislav Lobotka strike to end the first half 7-0.

The entire outfield 10 changed after the restart, but the goals continued to flow, with Gennaro Tutino, Amato Ciciretti, Zinedine Machach and Andrea Petagna finding the net.

However, Petagna missed several huge opportunities before scoring with the last kick of the game, a tap-in.

Machach and Karim Zedadka also rattled the woodwork during the second half.

The team was again still wearing the same kit as last season, because the new self-produced jerseys have not yet arrived.