Eden Hazard identifies manager he didn’t like working under at Chelsea

Eden Hazard has opened up about the one manager that he didn’t like working under at Chelsea.

Hazard played for Chelsea between 2012 and 2019 and enjoyed plenty of success, winning a haul of trophies at Stamford Bridge.

The winger featured under various different managers including Jose Mourinho, Antonio Conte, Rafa Benitez, Maurizio Sarri, Roberto Di Matteo and Guus Hiddink.

Hazard revealed that despite his difficulties with the manager in question, the coach was also the one that got the best out of him during his time at Stamford Bridge.

Speaking on the Obi One Podcast with his former Chelsea team-mate John Obi Mikel, Hazard said: ‘I think my best time at Chelsea was with Antonio Conte.

Mikel commented that Hazard didn’t like training under Conte, and the Belgian concurred stating: “Not at all”.

Hazard added that playing matches was the only time he could enjoy himself under Conte as it gave him a break from training.

Mikel and Hazard also recalled how Conte would frequently stop training sessions to give out tactical advice.

Hazard said: “All the week training. I was going out Saturday, I need to enjoy a little bit because I know the day after is going to be back on the training ground. I have to do something, it’s my only 90 minutes I can enjoy.

“You remember him, stopping, tactics, ‘no we have to do that’. Saturday was the best day for me.”

Conte was in charge of Chelsea between 2016 and 2018, with the Blues winning the Premier League title in 2017 and the FA Cup in 2018.

In the 2016-17 season Hazard was named in the PFA team of the year and contributed with 16 league goals.

Hazard scored the only goal from the penalty spot as Chelsea beat Manchester United 1-0 in the FA Cup final in 2018.

In total, Hazard played 94 games under Conte and scored 34 goals, while he provided 21 assists.

Former Chelsea boss agrees terms to manage AC Milan

There are rumours that Antonio Conte has already agreed terms with Milan for 2024-25, but according to Tuttosport newspaper, Thiago Motta remains in the race provided that Stefano Pioli leaves in the summer.

Telelombardia reported earlier this week that Conte had agreed personal terms with Milan for next season, but other Italian sources in Italy insist the race for the Rossoneri job is open and still includes current coach Pioli.

Tuttosport newspaper, via Football Italia, claims that it would be ‘surprising’ to see the Parma-born coach remain in charge of the Diavoli next season, but with a contract expiring in June 2025, Pioli could be confirmed on the Rossoneri bench if he gets convincing results in the second part of the campaign.

However, Conte and Motta are the leading candidates to replace Pioli if he does leave.

Conte is ‘appreciated’ by many club directors but is known to be very demanding regarding transfers, and his salary is also pretty high.

Motta, on the other hand, is an exciting emerging coach with a lower salary and a solid bond with one of Milan’s primary targets for next season, Joshua Zirkzee.

The ex-Italy international has also been monitored by his former club Barcelona and his contract with Bologna runs out this coming June.

Antonio Conte eyeing Inter Milan reunion with Chelsea defence ace

Reports in Italy claim Inter Milan boss Antonio Conte has made Marcos Alonso his main target to fill the left-back position, but Chelsea are allegedly asking for €40m to complete a transfer.

Conte brought the former Fiorentina player to London, and was a key member at Stamford Bridge when the Italian won the league in 2016-17.

The Spaniard is adept at Conte’s 3-4-3 and 3-5-2 formations, and flourishes as a wing-back.

On the two occasions Frank Lampard adopted the 3-4-3 formation so far in the season, Alonso stood out in the two matches, especially the away win against Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham last Sunday.

And, now the Gazzetta dello Sport claims Conte has made the Spanish defender his priority also during the transfer window this winter.

The newspaper claims the price could, however, stand in Conte’s way, as the Blues are not ready to let their man go for anything less than €40m.

Because of the high cost, the outlet reveals that Inter are considering making a move for PSG defender Layvin Kurzawa, as Conte is reported to be concerned about the consistency of injury prone Kwadwo Asamoah and not overly convinced about Cristiano Biraghi.

Lukaku on target as Inter Milan flatten Torino, Conte says he’s “happiest with clean sheet” (Match Report)

Inter Milan were in a killer mood as they tore their hosts Torino into pieces with goals from Lautaro Martinez, Stefan de Vrij and Romelu Lukaku, coasting home to 3-0 victory.

The Nerazzurri had not won any of their last five Serie A meetings with Torino, including two consecutive defeats at the Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino.

Italy international Andrea Belotti fell awkwardly in the opening minutes and suffered a knock to the ribs that left him badly winded. He tried to carry on, but eventually hobbled away to be replaced by Simone Zaza.

At the same moment as the change was taking place, Inter took the lead. Matias Vecino knocked a Salvatore Sirigu goal kick back and Lautaro Martinez managed to sprint away even on this horrid turf, firing the angled drive into the far bottom corner.

Torino kept possession for long periods, Samir Handanovic’s gloves stung at the near post by Cristian Ansaldi, then Simone Verdi’s follow-up deflected wide.

However, just as the hosts were pushing, they went 2-0 down. First Marcelo Brozovic’s cross found a towering Romelu Lukaku header and even more impressive Sirigu save.

On the resulting corner, Stefan de Vrij was allowed to make a run from deep and volley in Cristiano Biraghi’s cross completely unmarked at the back post.

Inter were more clinical and it made a huge difference, as Romelu Lukaku got the third goal. He went on the counter and picked his moment perfectly, firing the angled drive through the legs of Bremer into the far bottom corner.

The Granata ended their run of two points from six rounds with a crushing 4-0 victory at Brescia just before the break for international duty.

Meanwhile after the match, Antonio Conte said he was “happiest with the clean sheet”.

This was the Nerazzurri’s seventh consecutive away victory in Serie A, setting a new club record.

“The thing that makes me happiest is the clean sheet,” the coach told DAZN as cited by Football Italia.

“It was a good defensive performance and that is very important, because we know that we score sooner or later. If we can be more hermetically sealed at the back, then we can be in good shape.”

Photo Credit: inter.it/en/