Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on PSG, Manchester City, Real Madrid links

August 17th, 2021 by Olasunkanmi Ibikunle

Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo has repudiated reports claiming he is joining either PSG or Manchester City, reaffirming his commitment to the Old Lady.

Reports in Italy earlier this week claimed the Portugal star wants to leave the Allianz Stadium this summer, with some claiming the forward’s agent, Jorge Mendes, has offered the 36-year-old to Manchester City for just £25million.

La Repubblica reported PSG are also not completely out of the race for Ronaldo, as they dream of combining the Portugal forward with new signing Lionel Messi in attack.

Spanish news programme El Chiringuito had also claimed former club Real Madrid were looking at bringing Ronaldo back to the Santiago Bernabeu, before boss Carlo Ancelotti rubbished such reports.

And posting a 286-word statement on social media on Tuesday evening, the 36-year-old claimed his name had been “played around” with and believes that he will still remain in Madrid fan’s hearts despite the fact he will not be returning to the club.

“Anyone who knows me is aware of how focused I am on my work,” Ronaldo posted.

“Less talk and more action, this has been my guiding motto since the start of my career. However, in view of everything that’s been said and written recently, I have to set out my position.

“More than the disrespect for me as a man and as a player, the frivolous way that my future is covered in the media is disrespectful to all the clubs involved in these rumours, as well as to their players and staff.

“My story at Real Madrid has been written. It’s been recorded. In words and numbers, in trophies and titles, in records and in headlines. It’s in the Museum at the Bernabeu Stadium and it’s also in the minds of every fan of the club.

“And beyond what I achieved, I remember that in those nine years I had a relationship of deep affection and respect for ‘merengue afición’, an affection and respect that I retain to this day, and that I will always cherish. I know that the true Real Madrid fans will continue to have me in their hearts, and I will have them in mine.

“As well as this most recent episode in Spain, there have been frequent news and stories associating me with a number of clubs in many different Leagues, with nobody ever being concerned about trying to find out the actual truth.

“I’m breaking my silence now to say that I can’t allow people to keep playing around with my name. I remain focused on my career and in my work, committed and prepared for all the challenges that I have to face. Everything else? Everything else is just talk.”

  • Comments Off on Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on PSG, Manchester City, Real Madrid links
  • Posted in Uncategorized

Atletico Madrid beat Tottenham to free-scoring star

August 17th, 2021 by Olasunkanmi Ibikunle

Tottenham’s hopes of signing Dusan Vlahovich appear to have been dashed amid reports of an Atletico Madrid swoop for the Serbia ace.

The LaLiga champs are thought to be close to agreeing a fee for the Fiorentina striker, 21, regarded as one of the best forwards in Italy’s top-flight.

Italian paper Corriere dello Sport says the Spanish club have agreed to a purchase price of around £65million for the forward.

  • Comments Off on Atletico Madrid beat Tottenham to free-scoring star
  • Posted in Uncategorized

Real Madrid plotting stunning free transfer signings including Chelsea star

August 17th, 2021 by Olasunkanmi Ibikunle

Real Madrid are reportedly plotting a huge rebuild with a host of stunning free transfer signings.

The Galacticos are feeling the pinch following the coronavirus pandemic and have been forced to cut costs.

According to Spanish publication AS, the LaLiga giants are plotting swoops for soon-to-be out of contract stars Kylian Mbappe, Paul Pogba, Leon Goretzka and Antonio Rudiger.

Paris Saint-Germain striker Mbappe has long-been their No1 transfer target and will not commit to a new contract in the French capital.

The Bernabeu outfit are also looking to strengthen their defence and are targeting Chelsea’s German ace Rudiger.

He has impressed under Thomas Tuchel but the 28-year-old is free to talk to foreign clubs from January once his contract enters the final six months.

  • Comments Off on Real Madrid plotting stunning free transfer signings including Chelsea star
  • Posted in Uncategorized

Manchester United, Arsenal’s plan to sign England international dashed

August 17th, 2021 by Olasunkanmi Ibikunle

Manchester United and Arsenal’s hopes of signing Atletico Madrid ace Kieran Trippier have been dashed by the club.

The La Liga Champions will reportedly stop listening to offers for the defender who they say is an integral part of their future plans, according to AS.

Only a bid that meets their £51million valuation of the ex-Tottenham right-back could potentially entice the Spaniards to start any negotiations.

But both United’s and the Gunners’ previous offers have fallen short of the hefty figure.

The Red Devils were linked with a £30million switch for the Atletico Madrid star throughout the summer as they looked to bolster their defence.

  • Comments Off on Manchester United, Arsenal’s plan to sign England international dashed
  • Posted in Uncategorized

Liverpool slam fans over “homophobic chants” against Chelsea loanee Billy Gilmour during win at Norwich

August 17th, 2021 by Olasunkanmi Ibikunle

Liverpool have hit out at sections of their fanbase following reports that ‘homophobic chanting’ was directed at Chelsea loanee Billy Gilmour during their 3-0 win at Norwich on Saturday.

The club reacted to a tweet posted by one of the club’s fan groups, ‘Kop Outs’, that represents the LGBT+ community, who reported abuse aimed at the Scotland midfielder.

Kop Outs posted: ‘Great result today marred by homophobic chanting by some of our fans targeting Chelsea loanee Billy Gilmour. If you can’t support without resorting to bigoted nonsense, you don’t understand YNWA [You’ll Never Walk Alone].’

The fan group posted the message having quoted a 2019 tweet from another equality organisation, ‘Kick It Out’, in reference to a ‘rent boy’ chant – which according to them has long been targeted at the west London club.

After the match, Liverpool referred to Kop Outs’ tweet with a statement on the social media platform.

The club said: ‘The chant is offensive and inappropriate – a message we have repeatedly communicated alongside Kop Outs.

‘We urge supporters to remember the inclusive values of the club and to refrain from using it in the future.’

Liverpool Supporters Union Spirit of Shankly tweeted in response to the news later on Saturday night: ‘Solidarity with our LGBT+ supporters & affiliates!’

  • Comments Off on Liverpool slam fans over “homophobic chants” against Chelsea loanee Billy Gilmour during win at Norwich
  • Posted in Uncategorized